Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hello Blog!

So, here I am, blogging for the first time. I have been postponing this since a long, long time. People tell me I should've started this a century ago. But, what is the point of starting something that you cannnot maintain? Or continuously update? But then, I figured, that blogging would be a release. An outlet for whatever is happening to me presented to this wide-open cyberworld to satisfy their urge for easy voyeuristic pleasures.

Remember how when we were kids, our English teacher used to tell us to maintain a daily diary? Did you ever get down to actually doing that? I always wanted to, but never did. Maybe this is a way to do that. Only difference is that it is for an audience.

Anyways, enough for the first post. Hope this blog prospers, flourishes and makes me a world-renowned writer one day! Amen to that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that. The art of writing is the art of restraint - I am still unsure who said this, a quote from childhood memory. May they be far and apart, but on those days when you want to speak, your blog will be listening.