Tuesday, September 30, 2008

That feeling of disquiet at the pit of my stomach

So, one more visit to HR. Makes you feel like the floor of your stomach has given way and there is a large vacuum now where your stomach used to be. That doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling right now. Sometimes I think,"Why do I put myself through this? Is all the money I am earning really worth this daily torture that I am going through?" The answer that comes out is,"I don't know! Maybe it is the wont of every fresher to struggle like this before he finds ultimately what he is looking for. A job that he enjoys. Or is there no such thing? Is 'fun-job' a paradox in itself? These are the questions that one keeps wanting answers to. But, I guess these questions will be answered only through experience, right in the end, when there would not be any use for the answers and I would throw them away like a housewife gives away old junk. Or maybe, I can sell them! Like the housewife does! Yeah, maybe I could then take these answers, make them into a book / training programme / website and earn money out of it!

But, we digress. In the end I think what they say is true. Numerous elders have been consulted, books have been read and conversations have been held. They all say the same thing,"One should enjoy whatever work one gets." But, you know what? Over here, even that is not possible. Because there is no work to do! "So what?", people say. "Enjoy doing nothing! Put in your mandatory hours and then be off to do what your heart pines for... After all, you are living in a place which people die to go visit! And, a few months ago, even you wanted to visit this place. And now that you're there, you are crying that you don't enjoy it."

So yeah, I could go on and on and on like this and still not find a satisfying answer. So, its best to stop! But its good to blog. Blogging is such a big release! There's something about writing it all down that makes the bottomless pit go away. And yeah, I know I should be grateful to have a job in such bad times and all that. So, guess for now the plan is to stick to this job and keep looking whether there is something out there that is exciting enough and pays money to match the current job. Amen to that! Hope we get through to better jobs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no further pursuit if the goal is achieved, or there is another goal and another pursuit, if you are plucky enough. So, yes, there will never be the job that you are loking for, you are always then seeking the next level of actualisation. As for fun-job, there are a lot of oxymorons, yu my find a fun-job among some oxy morons.

On an earthy note, can guess the kind of HR you had - people who are not qualified and clueless.