Monday, April 16, 2012

Iss Sheher mein....

I listen to 'sheher mein, hun main tere', the song from Rockstar, as I sit at my laptop and contemplate (nay, fantasize) about going to tomorrow's TED talks session at Ushahidi. The child in me says I'll meet interesting people. I'll make lasting friendships. I'll finally meet some nice people here. But the adult in me knows, I might not even go for it. I'll let you know how it goes. I must get out of this compound. Its getting suffocating. The same people everyday. Night and Day. You live with them. You work with them. This is what happens when work and home are in the same building, nay, on the same floor.

So, well, my first post in a long time. First post from Liberia, from Africa. And I don't have anything interesting to report.

Kenyan Giraffe
Or, do I? Actually, yes. Upar dekho. Thanks to Kenya Airways, who decided to take off from Mumbai 3 hours late, I missed my flight onward to Monrovia. And had to spend 2 days in Nairobi. And it is there that I got to go to the Nairobi national park. And we saw giraffes, zebras, wildebeests and lots of other animals. Pity we didn't have a good camera. the E72 served its purpose though. Not bad, that photo above, is it?

But since then? Nothing interesting to report. We've just been vegetating intellectually. Not that we haven't been doing anything at all. Work-wise, life has been busy. But aside from work, there's hardly anything we have done this last 1 month plus that we have been in Liberia. Its high time we do something. Kuch kiya jaaye, kya boltaay?

7 comments:

No Matter Wat ! said...

First of all, thanks for starting the blog, its a relief to see like minded people blogging. Reading it comforts ramblings of a chewy intellect like mine. Ramblings as passing thoughts which need to be acknowledged on a daily basis & seek similarity in those around.

Secondly and most importantly, how far is Morocco for you? You can ski, desert safari AND surf in the same country ! Isnt that cool ! Egypt seems too far for you.. but do plan - me & baby will join you. Ssso cool ! :D

Gujjubhai in Liberia said...

so, where's ur blog then?

RG said...

u keep mentioning here 'we'... who's 'we'?

maheepmandloi said...

'chewy intellect'... lol

Gujjubhai in Liberia said...

maanvaachak bahuvachan. heard of it?

tuShaR said...

Thanks only to Kenya Airways? What about me?

Gujjubhai in Liberia said...

tumney kya kiya?